Is your business just earning you a wage? Do you feel like you’re trapped in a ‘job’, when you thought you’d be running the business of your dreams? That was how Glenn Walton’s Brisbane arbory business was until he took over from his dad.
But Glenn made some smart marketing moves that grew his website traffic by 860% and saved $30,000 per year on marketing.
Many small business owners find themselves in a situation where their dream business has become a “60-hour grind” instead of the liberating, stimulating life choice they thought they were taking on. If you feel like you’re stuck in your business and need to get some traction, then listen in to Tim Reid’s chat with Glenn Walton, owner of Brisbane Tree Experts. Glenn shares how he took his traditional family arborist business and turned it into the thriving enterprise it is today.
Glenn now has six full-time employees and can focus his efforts on what he does best – growing and running the business – leaving the day to day tasks to his team. Glenn reveals the simple marketing strategies he’s using to grow his business exponentially.
In this episode of smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-177 you’ll discover:
- The strategy Glenn introduced that saved $30K per year in marketing costs
- How Glenn increased his web traffic by 860% in very little time
- The simple change Glenn made to his business website that dramatically increased conversions
- How to understand your customers’ buying cycle and take full advantage by having automated reminders
- How to use an educational e-book to build trust, stay top of mind, and educate your customers
- The best way to structure your website so you’re easier to find on Google
- The importance of clear calls to action on your website (it’s amazing how many people are getting this wrong)
- How much time each week you should spend on marketing your small business
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 48:16 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-177/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.