Tim Reid had an intense fireside chat with extreme retailer Brad Smith of motorcycle lifestyle brand Braaap, who’s won way too many business awards for his own good; and on his way to building an empire.
He’s created an amazing brand (with some serious emotional attachment) and in this interview he shares exactly how he’s done it. Issues covered:
- The future of retail. Or is retail dead?!
- Why it’s critical to have a vision and how to use that vision to grow your business.
- A fun cold-calling technique involving a mullet and sunglasses.
- The power of concept stores.
- How providing an end-to-end customer experience is a game changer.
- The importance of story telling.
- Business courage on steroids.
- How to keep your team motivated.
- Money v passion.
- The importance of fear.
- How to action the big, scary stuff.
- Growth … Plus so much more it’s freakin’ amazing!
Oh, and check the business awards young Bradley has achieved in his first 26 years walking the planet:
- 4 x Australian Retail Business of the Year.
- 2 x Young Australian Entrepreneur of the Year.
- International Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Runner-Up) – what happened?!
- Young Australian of the Year – Tasmania.
- Telstra Business of the Year.
Does the boy sleep?!
This Small Business Big Marketing podcast is not for the faint-hearted.
It’s bulging with marketing gold for the motivated small business owner only.
About these podcasts: The Small Business, Big Marketing podcasts are characterised by plenty of chit chat from Tim who’ll typically kick off with nuggets of advice and tell shaggy dog stories before diving in to the episode’s topic. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Duration: 48:28 minutes
Links to resources mentioned in the show: http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/marketing-podcast-brad-smith/
To subscribe to this show in iTunes, please head here.