But if you can’t remember when you last washed your hair and a bathroom break is a chance to catch up on your emails, you might have crossed the line.
- You can’t wait for the conditioner to work. If you use it at all, it’s a quick rub a dub dub and straight out. What a waste.
- Communication with husband/wife/partner has become a series of nuanced grunts and hallway high fives.
- You remember the story of the astronaut love triangle, and wonder why the lady astronaut got so much grief. Sure, she wore adult nappies to drive across the country non-stop to confront her ex-lover. She knew how to get things done.
- Have used laptop while on toilet.
- Think about faking own death. Awkward moment when husband sees your search history. Assure him you were actually looking up faking… enthusiasm.
- Try to use your car time to make notes to self using Siri. End up recording your drive through order to remind you of your nuggets and chips lunch.
- You feel sick when your phone rings.
- You feel sick when your email notification dings.
- You feel sick.
- Make small child commando roll from car at school drop off, no time to stop. (Don’t worry, I slowed down.)
- Catch sight of yourself in multitasking mode and realise you resemble a methed-up meerkat.
- You make outrageous deals with yourself about what tomorrow, next week, next month and next year will look like if you can just get through the next 17 minutes.
- You’re wearing your hectic life as a badge of honour. Would make actual badge of honour, but no time.
- Assess child not eating lunch most days. Paint sandwich on some cardboard and add to lunchbox. No one gets hurt.
- Consider hiding in hollow log and deleting all evidence of your life. New phone number, email and social media. New family optional.
- Subscribe to service that summarises books by smart people. Haven’t got past setup page.
- Think about making time to kick person in shins who explained you’re time poor because you play Candy Crush.
- Consider hiring someone to keep your Candy Crush going. Mum? You free?
- A client cancels and you cry… with relief! Boo yah!
- Question need for children to be bathed. Every. Single. Day. Needy.
- Start list of 21 reasons you’re too busy. Phone last one in.
Have you’ve crossed the line from manageable busy to you’ve got to be joking?
How do you tell?