Morning rituals: I’m a small business owner, this is how I kickstart my day
According to the experts what you do first thing in the morning has the greatest impact on the success of the rest of your day. In this series we asked our soloist community what rituals they use to kickstart their systems before getting on with work for the day.
Name: Jaemin Frazer
Business: The Insecurity Project
Do you action/plan/do anything specific to prepare for the morning the night before?
What time do you wake up? And how do you do it?
Alarm at 5:45am
What is the VERY first thing you do after you wake up? If you eat, what do you eat?
Get dressed, drink a glass of water with lemon juice, and go spend 10 minutes on my water tank outside.
What is your first drink of the day? Where are you when you’re drinking it?
A glass of water with lemon juice in the kitchen.
What part of your morning routine makes you feel the best?
Anthony Robbins 10 minute morning ritual on my water tank (1 minute breathing exercise, 4 minutes gratitude for the past, 5 minutes gratitude for the future).
What part of the routine could you really live without?
Fully seeing myself experience the things I truly desire.
Describe your ideal morning
- Morning ritual on my water tank
- 1 hour of content creation in my home office
- Cooking breakfast (3 poached eggs on Vegemite sourdough toast with avo, spinach leaves, and beans + a coffee and orange juice)
- Send the kids off to school
- Head to the local coffee shop
- Headphones in, Spotify playlist, great coffee, journal, nice pen, 30 minutes of pure flow
- Check and reply to emails
- Give online coaching feedback to my clients