Morning rituals: I’m a small business owner, this is how I kickstart my day
According to the experts what you do first thing in the morning has the greatest impact on the success of the rest of your day. In this series we asked our soloist community what rituals they use to kickstart their systems before getting on with work for the day.
Business: Zest Communications
1. Do you action/plan/do anything specific to prepare for the morning the night before?
I organise my diary at the end of the work day so I know what I need to get straight onto the next day. This helps me to get straight into things the next day, rather than pfaffing around avoiding getting started…
2. What time do you wake up? And how do you do it? Ie, alarm, someone wakes you up or it just happens naturally
Six-ish generally. No need for an alarm.
3. What is the VERY first thing you do after you wake up? If you eat, what do you eat?
I put my ugg boots on and I make coffee. I also pat the dogs somewhere in the middle of that mix.
4. What is your first drink of the day? Where are you when you’re drinking it?
Aforementioned coffee. At my computer checking my emails.
5. What part of your morning routine makes you feel the best?
The yoga I do after the coffee and emails.
6.What part of the routine could you not live without?
Oooh, that’s a tussle between coffee and my dogs. (Yoga and ugg boots aren’t far behind either).
7. Describe your ideal morning
That would be Sunday morning and going out for breakfast. I may or may not work once I get home (OK, I usually do), but going out to my favourite café with my husband for coffee and eggs is my ideal morning routine.